- 3 bags Tetley Red Tea Rooibos
- 250ml boiling water
- 900g carrots
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley or mint (optional)
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes; squeeze and discard the bags.
- Peel the carrots (if desired) and slice 1/2-inch (1 cm) think or leave carrots whole.
- Combine the carrots, tea, honey, lemon juice, oil, ginger, salt, cinnamon and pepper in a large, non-stick skillet.
- Cover and set over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium; boil gently, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes or until carrots are tender and glazed.
- Garnish with parsley (if using).
- Red tea adds flavour without the salt of broth so you can control the sodium.
- Omit the ginger if preferred.
- For a preparation shortcut, substitute 2 lb (1 kg) baby carrots for regular carrots.
- Adjust the cooking time to your preferred doneness, adding a little extra water as needed.
Explore our other tasty recipes that might tickle your fantasy