- 400g all-purpose flour
- 125g corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 250g unsalted butter, softened
- 60g icing sugar
- 60g granulated sugar
- 2 bags Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla Tea
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 bag Tetley Earl Grey Vanilla Tea
- 250g icing sugar
- Stir flour with corn starch and salt until combined; set aside. Place butter, icing sugar and granulated sugar in a separate bowl.
- Open tea bags and add leaves to bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture; beat on low just until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into two portions and form into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) square-shaped logs.
- Wrap and chill for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to slice easily.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut each log into 1/4-inch (5mm) thick slices and place 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, in batches, for 15 to 20 minutes or until pale golden on the bottom. Cool completely on a rack.
- In microwave, heat cream for 30 seconds or until steaming.
- Open tea bag and add leaves to cream.
- Stir and steep for 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in icing sugar until smooth.
- Spoon into re-sealable plastic bag; snip a small hole in the corner of the bag.
- Drizzle over the shortbread.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes or until the glaze is set.
- If biscuits feel soft when cutting them, pop baking sheet into the fridge or freezer for 5 to 10 minutes before baking
- Hold trays of sliced biscuit dough in the fridge between batches
Explore our other tasty recipes that might tickle your fantasy