- 500ml whipping cream
- 125ml 2% milk, divided
- 60g granulated sugar
- 6 bags Tetley Earl Grey Tea
- 1 strip lemon peel, about 2-inches (5 cm) long
- 7g unflavoured gelatine powder
- Heat cream, half of the milk and sugar in a saucepan set over medium heat until the mixture starts to simmer around the edges of the pan.
- Add tea bags and lemon peel. Remove from heat. Steep, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the gelatin over the remaining milk; let stand for 5 minutes or until gelatin has softened.
- Carefully squeeze the tea bags to release as much liquid as possible; discard along with lemon peel.
- Stir in gelatin mixture; whisk until dissolved. Strain through coffee filter or cheesecloth.
- Divide the mixture among 4 tea cups, ramekins or small dome-shaped bowls.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours or until set.
- Garnish panna cotta with berries and serve with a shortbread cookie.
- Panna cottas can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept chilled until ready to serve.
Explore our other tasty recipes that might tickle your fantasy